“A smile costs nothing, but creates much. It enriches those who receive, without impoverishing those who give. It happens in a flash and the memory of it sometimes lasts forever.” – Dale Carnegie, How to Win Friends and Influence People.
still not convinced?
Here are 8 more reasons to smile. Please.
- A smile can boost your immune system. By changing the chemistry in your body, a smile lowers your heart rate, steadies breathing and relaxes the body.
- A smile changes your mood. A simple smile sends the chemical serotonin to your brain, which sends the message to your brain that you are happy.
- Smile and your endorphins go up and blood pressure comes down.
- Smiling gives you a natural high – the equivalent to eating 2000 chocolate bars apparently!!
- Smiling makes you more attractive. Ever wondered why we are asked to smile in photos? Because you look your best when smiling.
- A smile can encourage trust. Several studies have shown that people who smile are perceived as being trustworthy and authentic.
- Smile and you’ll look younger. A smile plumps up the cells in your skin and gives you a radiant glow.
- Smile and you’ll live longer. According to studies, people who smile more often live up to 7 years longer!