Christina – of Billy Mac – is another talented Aussie to be found on Etsy.
With an emphasis on uniqueness and kid-oriented graphics, I just wish that I had found her awesome range of t-shirts when my kids were still little enough to wear them…
1) Tell us a little bit about yourself…
I’m a mum of 2 with a degree in Fine Art and a background in retail Advertising. I own 2 businesses, billy mac clothing and cc design management, a graphic design, advertising and print management business. I work from home and am constantly run off my feet! My girls are absolutely gorgeous, they are 3 and 18 months and are fiercely determined little people … if it wasn’t for them I wouldn’t be working from home in my dream job (and most of the time in my PJs) I would be stuck in an office working long hours with little emotional reward.
2) What time of day are you at your creative best?
I’m a night owl and do a lot of work in the evenings when my girls go to bed … so any time between 7.30pm and 3am!
3) Where do you find your inspiration? Do you have any ‘rituals’ to help put you in the creative state-of-mind?
I find my inspiration in movies, music, ‘gingoism’ and sayings, popular culture and fine art. I look for something that either makes me laugh or say “awwww that’s cool”. No rituals to speak of but I am addicted to coffee and often have several cups sitting around my studio.
4) How do you squeeze crafting into your busy life?
There’s always the night time and in the daytime I often have my 3 year old next to the computer with me saying “I love that t-shirt mummy”. My girls are also regulars at the post-office when I send out my items, so they have become a part of my business.
5) What are you working on now?
Right now I’m working on updating my Etsy store so that it includes all sizes (driving me bonkers!); adding in kids Hoodies for winter; and I’ve just added Long-Sleeve Tees and Baby Onesies (so cute) into the range.
6) What three tools could you not live without?
You may think I’m a computer geek from this list, but they really are the tools of my trade!
1. My 27″ iMac screen – it’s ridiculously large and makes the keyboard look tiny but I often work between several programs on the one project, so can have them all running at the same time, and I can see them all and jump between them ‘Jackson Pollock’ style.
2. Adobe Illustrator – my lifeline
3. Adobe Photoshop – my fixer upperer.
You can find Billy Mac Clothing at the following online venues –
Thanks for sharing a bit of yourself with us Christina! My curious-question though… the origin of your business name…!?